Deutscher Kanadier hier...

Ihre Fragen zur Heraldik sind hier willkommen
Your questions concerning heraldry are welcome here

Moderatoren: Markus, Christian Ader

grcboy29
Mitglied

Deutscher Kanadier hier...

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 21:24

Traurig, spreche ich nicht Deutsches sehr gut, aber, wenn Sie Englisch sprechen, das groß sein würde. Ich bin 29 Jahre alt und in Kanada Phasen. Seite meines Vaters der Familie ist deutsch. Seins bemutterte letzten Namen ist Meyer und seins letzter Name des Vaters ist Dietrich. Er ist ungesetzlich. Irgendwelche Ideen, wo ich Informationen über Dietrich finden kann? Würde ich die Dietrich Arme nehmen, da mein Vater Dietrich durch Blut ist, obwohl sein letzter Name Meyer ist? Danke, GRCB

Jochen
Mitglied

Beitrag von Jochen » 02.10.2006, 21:29

Just switch over to English, that wouldn't be a problem.

However, gathering information on families called Meyer or Dietrich will possibly prove very difficult.

There is an abundance of Meyers and Dietrichs in Germany.
Ne suy plus vil que les aultres

jochen

grcboy29
Mitglied

Meyer vs. Dietrich

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 21:33

Is there a way that I could get my own coat of arms created for my family? Would it be officially registered with a College of Arms?

Also, since my father's father is a Dietrich even though he is illegitimate and bears the name Meyer (his mother's last name) would he bear Meyer or Dietrich?

Thanks,
GRCB

grcboy29
Mitglied

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 21:39

Gibt es eine Weise, daß ich mein eigenes Wappen erhalten könnte hergestellt für meine Familie? Würde es offiziell mit einer Hochschule der Arme registriert? Auch da Vater meines Vaters ein Dietrich ist, obwohl er ungesetzlich und Bären ist, wurde der Namensmeyer (seiner letzter Name des Mutter) er tragen Meyer oder Dietrich? Dank, GRCB

grcboy29
Mitglied

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 21:41

Does anyone know of a web site where I can get good blazons for creating my own coat of arms?
Also, would it be possible to create some arms? Who would I contact in Germany to have them registered?

Thanks,
GB

--------------------

Weiß jemand von einer Web site, wo ich gute blazons für das Herstellen meines eigenen Wappens erhalten kann? Auch würde es möglich sein, einige Arme herzustellen? Wer wurde ich in Verbindung treten in Deutschland, um sie registrieren zu lassen? Danke, GBS

Jochen
Mitglied

Beitrag von Jochen » 02.10.2006, 21:50

There is no College of Arms in Germany, but, pursuant to German jurisdiction you can just assume a coat of arms and it is yours (unless it's too close to another family's).

At any rate, it is highly recommendable to have the new c-o-a registered at a heraldic society (for evidence's sake).

There is some debate on "illegitimate" childrens' inheritance of a coat-of-arms. The common point of view is that the arms follow the name.

Anyway, when assuming arms you should be free to assign the use of your c-o-a to everyone you wish to bear it. This may be both the Dietrich and the Meyer families.

There is plenty of German heraldic artists (the nationality of the artist wouldn't be essential for assuming German arms) and there is plenty of German heraldic societies.....

Hopefully this is helpful. Any further question of yours will be welcome.

jochen

grcboy29
Mitglied

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 22:00

So therefore,
I could for example design my own coat of arms for our family and it would be regarded as legitimate?

I notice when searching for the names Dietrich and Meyer there are some common examples: for Meyer: a lion and tree and Dietrich, gold and blue with a dog.
What should I be looking at when designing our own family arms?

My father's name is legally Meyer but his father's last name is Dietrich. Should he follow Dietrich or Meyer arms...

Thanks for all the advice...

GRCB

----------------

So folglich, könnte ich mein eigenes Wappen für unsere Familie zum Beispiel entwerfen und sie würde als gesetzmaßig betrachtet? Ich beachte, wann, nach den Namen Dietrich suchend und Meyer dort sind einige allgemeine Beispiele: für Meyer: ein Löwe und ein Baum und ein Dietrich, ein Gold und ein Blau mit einem Hund. Was sollte ich betrachten, wenn das Entwerfen unserer eigenen Familie bewaffnet? Name meines Vaters ist erlaubterweise Meyer, aber seins letzter Name des Vaters ist Dietrich. Er wenn, folgen Dietrich oder Meyer bewaffnet... Dank für den ganzen Rat... GRCB

Jochen
Mitglied

Re: ...

Beitrag von Jochen » 02.10.2006, 22:21

grcboy29 hat geschrieben:So therefore,
I could for example design my own coat of arms for our family and it would be regarded as legitimate?
Absolutely

I notice when searching for the names Dietrich and Meyer there are some common examples: for Meyer: a lion and tree and Dietrich, gold and blue with a dog.
What should I be looking at when designing our own family arms?
As I said, these family names are very common. As are the lion and the dog. You should take some time consulting a (good) heraldic artist. He will advise....
My father's name is legally Meyer but his father's last name is Dietrich. Should he follow Dietrich or Meyer arms...
Well - I suppose that you will assume a Meyer arms and assign it to the Meyer and the Dietrich families (usually: the descendants of, say, Peter Dietrich and all his male and female offspring....)

GRCB
Zuletzt geändert von Jochen am 02.10.2006, 22:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

jochen

GM
Mitglied
Beitrag von GM » 02.10.2006, 22:21

If you want to design a new CoA, you're absolutely free in the choice of what you want to display. Normally family history (place of origin, professions executed over generations, special likings etc.) can be of interest and become symbolized in the shield.
Do develop this, its useful to know something about these things. However here in Germany it has to follow the rule that it must be imaginable on a middle-ages knight's shield - so no modern items like computers, rockets or racing cars :wink: .

grcboy29
Mitglied

Musik

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 22:39

Well... my father and his mother were musicians and come from a musical family... a lot of cousins were successful artists...
They also come from tiny farming towns where there are a lot of German immigrants to Canada.

What sorts of charges are common for musicians in Germany? also what about colours? I would love to hear some of your ideas about this. I like to consider myself an amateur herald who likes to design COAs...

GRCB

-----------------------

Mein Vater und seine Mutter waren Musiker und kommen von einer musikalischen Familie... Menge Vetter waren erfolgreiche Künstler... Sie kommen auch von den kleinen bewirtschaftenden Städten, in denen es eine Menge deutsche Immigranten nach Kanada gibt. Was sortiert von den Aufladungen sind allgemein für Musiker in Deutschland? auch was über Farben? Ich würde lieben, einige Ihrer Ideen über dieses zu hören. Ich mag mich halten für einen laienhaften Verkünder, der COAs entwerfen mag... GRCB

Jochen
Mitglied

Re: Musik

Beitrag von Jochen » 02.10.2006, 22:45

grcboy29 hat geschrieben:Well... my father and his mother were musicians and come from a musical family... a lot of cousins were successful artists...

OK, this would be one possible source for heraldic charges.

But "do not be hasty" as my very old friend Treebeard would say :wink: ....

jochen

grcboy29
Mitglied

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 22:52

Did you design your own arms?

grcboy29
Mitglied

Beitrag von grcboy29 » 02.10.2006, 22:53

Where can I find information online about German blazons (charges on shields)?

GM
Mitglied
Beitrag von GM » 02.10.2006, 23:05

Jochen
Mitglied

Beitrag von Jochen » 02.10.2006, 23:10

grcboy29 hat geschrieben:Did you design your own arms?
Oooops.... difficult to keep up with all that traffic right now....

Yes, I did.

jochen

Antworten