Die Familie Zschetzsching(ck)

Hier ist der richtige Ort, um über Stammbäume und die Herkunft von Namen zu diskutieren
This is the location to discuss family trees and the origin of names

Moderator: Christian Ader

MichaelSchatz
Mitglied

Beitrag von MichaelSchatz » 30.07.2013, 01:35

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/en/access ... f_name.pdf

"Vor 1939 gab es keine rechtlichen Verfahren dokumentieren eine Änderung des Namens durch die Gerichte oder Ontario Regierung. Unter common law, die Menschen in der Lage, jeden beliebigen Namen anzunehmen waren, sofern die Änderung wurde nicht mit der Absicht zu betrügen gemacht."

"Pre-1939: Namensänderung Deed Umfragen
Vor der Einführung des Gesetzes könnten Personen eine deed poll in der Grafschaft oder District Level-Datei, als eine öffentliche Erklärung, so dass neue Namen in der Gemeinschaft anerkannt werden könnten.
Während ein deed poll musste offen vor einem Richter vereidigt werden, wurden die Gerichte nicht verpflichtet, eine öffentliche Urkunde der Erklärung zu halten. Die einzige Kopie des deed poll wurde von der Person, die die Änderung ihrer Namen wurde beibehalten. Allerdings gibt es vor 1939 Namensänderung Tat Umfragen aus ganz Ontario in York Supreme Court Angelegenheit Dateien (RG 22-5801). "

"Prior to 1939, there was no legal process documenting a change of name through the courts or Ontario Government. Under common law, people were able to adopt any name, provided the change was not made with the intention to defraud."

"Pre-1939: Change of Name Deed Polls
Before the Act’s introduction, individuals could file a deed poll at the County or District level, as a public declaration so that new names might be recognized in the community.
While a deed poll had to be openly sworn before a judge, the courts were not required to keep an official record of the declaration. The only copy of the deed poll was retained by the person who was changing their name. However, there are pre-1939 Change of Name deed polls from across Ontario in York Supreme Court matter files (RG 22-5801)."

MichaelSchatz
Mitglied

Beitrag von MichaelSchatz » 21.08.2013, 02:43

Update:
I have contacted the local authorities who have searched in the local Canadian court records for deed polls and name changes for my ancestor. The results were negative. I then tried the same approach in a certain city in New York State, USA where my Great Great Grandfather may have lived (as his birth mother and step father Wiegand did live there from 1856 to 1863) with the same negative results.

The only two authentic "German" records I have for my Great Great Grandfather are:

1. His 1834 baptism entry in the Ev. Luth. Kirchenbuch [Bad] Tennstedt, Provinz Sachsen. Exact birthdate and exact mother's name as we have in our family history.

2. Militärstammrolle entry Apr. 1836- Apr. 1837. Mühlhausen, Prov. Sachsen. Stepfather Wiegand's name is exact as we have in our history.

Both entries name this person as Friedrich Wilhelm Becherer. Corresponding with Stadtarchiv Mühlhausen and Stadtarchiv Bad Tennstedt over the past 8 years has found no more records for this person.

He arrived in Canada in 1864 as Francis (Frank) Chatson. Where else in Germany could I search for more records and what type of records should I be searching for? There must be some sort of documentation for this person for the first 30 years of his life? :?

Antworten